Identification, purification and quantification of Toxins “Ochratoxin A” in Algerian grape juice
December 28, 2019
This study aimed to investigate the mycotoxin of Ochratoxin A (OTA) which can contaminate grape in the Mediterranean basin. Its toxicity was the subject of many animal studies and carcinogenic characters are well established today. So the European Committee has fixed the maximum in grape 2µg/L. Most methods used for mycologic identification is based mainly on the morphological characters. It was identified after its purification by the technique of culture monospore on the culture medias Potatoes Agar and Czapek Yeast extract Agar. The detection and quantification of this mycotoxin by uses combined techniques: immunoaffinity for the purification and the HPLC coupled with the fluorometric detector. This chromatographic system allowed us to estimate the contamination of Ochratoxin in the grape which is lower than 30 ng/L. The concentration of conidia at Aspergillus section Nigri was estimated at 3×106conidia/mL. the value obtained is less than 30 ng / L and is lower than that fixed by the EC. So, we confirm that our sample does not present serious risks to human health. We have also confirmed fungus belonging to A. Niger specie, which normally does not produce OTA.
Mazrou, S., Messaoudi, M., Begaa, S., Akretche, D.E. (2019). Identification, purification and quantification of Toxins “Ochratoxin A” in Algerian grape juice. Algerian Journal of Engineering and Technology, 1(1), 002-010. http://dx.doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3594970
- Abarca M.L., Accenci F., Cano J., Cabanes F.J.(1994) Ochratoxin A production by strains of Aspergillusniger var. niger. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 6, p. 2650–2652.
- Abarca M.L., Accenci F., Cano J., Cabanes F.J.(2003) Aspergillus carbonarius as the main source of ochratoxin A contamination in dried wine fruits from the Spanish market, Journal of Food Protection 66, p.504–506.
- Varga J., Kozakiewicz Z. (2006) Ochratoxin A in grapes and grape derived products. Trends in Food Science & Technology 17, p. 72-81.
- Riba A., Mokrane S., Mathieu F., Lebrihi A., Sabaou N. (2008) Mycoflora and ochratoxin A producing strains of Aspergillus in Algerian wheat, International Journal of Food Microbiology 122, p.85-92.
- Abarca M.L., Accenci F., Cano J., Cabanes F.J(2004) Taxonomy and significance of black aspergilli. Edition Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek, p. 33-49.
- Reboux G. (2006) Mycotoxins: health effects and relationship to other organic compounds. Revue française d’allergologie et d’immunologie Clinique 46, p. 208–212.
- Visconti A., Perrone G., Cozzi G., Solforizzo M. (2008) Managing Ochratoxin A risk in the grape wine food chain, Food Additives and Contaminants, 25, p. 193-202.
- Esteban A., Abarca M.L., Bragulat M.R., Cabaes F.J. (2004) Effects of temperature and incubation time on production by A. carbonarius in culture media. Journal of Food Protection, vol.72, N° 2.
- Esteban A., Abarca M.L., Bragulat M.R., Cabaes F.J. (2005) Influence of pH and incubation on Ochratoxine A production by A. carbonariusin culture Media. Journal of food Protection ,Vol. 68, No. 7.
- Esteban A., Abarca M.L., Bragulat M.R., Cabaes F.J. (2006) Study of the effect of water activity and temperature on Ochratoxine A by A. carbonarius. Journal of food Protection Vol 72, No 2.
- Arbault, P., Rejeb, S. B. (2005). Immunochemical analytical methods for quality control in the food industry. p.122-155.
- Krska R., Schubert-Ulrich P., Molinelli A., Sulyok M., Macdonald S., Crews C. (2008) Mycotoxins analysis: An update, Food Additives and Contaminants, 25, p. 152-163.
- Djebri M. (1990) Diagnostic methodsof bayoud ,Journal of Europlanand Mediterranen plant protection organization, p.7.
- Atoui A.(2007) Approach mycotoxinogenesis Aspergillus ochraceus and Aspergillus carbonarius. Thesis Doc. Institut National Polytechnique, Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique de Toulouse, INP ENSA.
- Dragacci S. Gross F. Fermy J.M.(2005) Analysis and detection of mycotoxins. Edition of Engineering, p. 3330.
- Pitt J.I. and Hocking A.D. 1997. Fungi and food spoilage. Blackie Academic and Professional, London, UK
- Nguyen Minh Tri M. (2007) Identification of species of fungi, capable of producing mycotoxins in rice sold in five provinces in the central region of Vietnam-study conditions that may reduce the production of mycotoxins. Ph.Thesis D. INP ENSAT. Toulouse.